TOPIC: ACQUIRING THE STRENGTH FOR THE JOURNEY
TEXT: JOHN 6:41-58; 1 KINGS 19:1-10
INTRODUCTION: The journey to the New Year 2018 is great. The year in itself is not a void but full of activities and various occurrences. Every New Year comes with its prospects and constraints; that is, there are positives aspects and negatives aspects. The purpose of God is that we make most out of the new year that we are about enter. We all need the strength for the journey.
Areas of Attention in the Journey:
1. The Decisions to Make – There are volumes of decisions or choices waiting for us in the New Year. Life is all about choices that we make day to day. John 6:51; Deut. 30:19-20
2. The Temptations to Overcome – There are various temptations or trials that shall be part of the New Year but with God, we shall overcome them all. Ps 34:19
3. The Truths to Embrace – John 6:47-50; John 17:17
4. The Testimony of Victories – 1 Sam.17:34-37
5. The Strength to finish strong and well – 1 Kings 19:4-8; John 6:58; Matt.24:13
Conclusion: Brethren, there is no mountain that may be standing before us in the year 2018 that can remain insurmountable especially when we have acquired enough strength for the journey even before we enter the New Year. We shall finish well, in Jesus’ Name.