INTRODUCTION: Before considering the power of stedfastness in relation to the believer, it will be well for us to see this same feature expressed in divine Persons Themselves. It is an axiom of Christianity that the blessed God will never form any feature of the truth subjectively in the believer without first showing that truth in all its perfection in Christ Himself. 2 Tim. 2:13. “If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself”. That is why stedfastness is one of the master keys that open the door of glorious destiny for a man. We will be looking at the life of Ruth as a case study in today’s teaching. May the Holy Spirit give us more understanding, in Jesus’ Name.
A. WHAT IS STEDFASTNESS?
- Stedfastness simply means to be firmly fixed in a place, unchanging or firmly loyal. Ruth 1:18
- Stedfastness is to be dogged and rugged in our commitments and choices. It’s a state of advancing through adversity. Ruth 1:16-22; Heb. 3:14
- Stedfastness is to be zealous towards God and things of God in spite of limitations and obstacles around us. 2 Kings 10:16; Num. 25:10-13
- Stedfastness is a state of reaching a point of no return in our allegiance to God and His Kingdom matters. Ruth 1:18; John 6:67-68; Jos. 24:15-16
- Stedfastness could also means to have a fervent mind and full of passion towards God. Acts 18:25; Rom. 12:11
- Stedfastness means having serious determination to carry out an assignment or to perform a duty. Ruth 1:18; Esther 4:15-16; 1 Sam. 17:32-37
- Stedfastness is to be hopeful for better life against all odds. Ruth 1:16-17; 1 Cor. 15:58; Job 13:15.
B. THE INGRIDIENTS OF STEDFASTNESS IN THE LIFE OF RUTH (RUTH 1:14-19)
- Ruth was a PURPOSE-DRIVEN woman
- Ruth was full of DETERMINATION
- Ruth was full of PASSION – The fire power of performance.
- Ruth was full of DEDICATION
- Ruth was full of ENDURANCE
- Ruth was FOCUSED on her AMBITION – The death of her husband could not stop her from following the God of Israel
- Ruth was full of COMMITMENTS (to Naomi and to God of Israel)
- Ruth was LOYAL – Loyalty is the gateway to Royalty (The case of Joseph)