TOPIC: WALKING WITH GOD (PART 3)
TEXT: JOHN 10:9-10; ROMANS 15:8-13
FOCUS: LIVING THE ABUNDANT LIFE IN YOUR WALK WITH GOD
INTRODUCTION: God’s desire for His people is to live abundant life in all ramifications. Unfortunately, our world is full of unhappy and dissatisfied people. For this reason, people everywhere are looking for answers to the emptiness they feel inside. And it has been proven that the solution is neither in pleasure, power and prestige; finance, fame and fantasies nor in men, money and morals; wisdom, wealth, and women but in the God kind of life that Jesus Christ gives- The abundant Life.
A. WHAT IS ABUNDANCE?
– A very large quantity of something
– Plentifulness – extremely plenty-full
– Over sufficient supply
– Affluence or Prosperity
B. DIMENSIONS OF ABUNDANCE LIFE
1. Abundance in our spiritual conditions – 3 John 2
2. Abundance in our relationships with others. Heb.12:14; Matt.22:39
3. Abundance in our finances, income and supply. Psalm 37:25; Psalm 35:27; Phil.4:19
4. Abundance in our fitness or health. Jere.30:17; Jere.33:6; Isaiah 53:5
5. Abundance in our faith in God. Mark 11:22; 2 Cor.5:7
6. Abundance in our hope of eternity in Heaven. Col. 1:27
7. Abundance in so many aspects of our spiritual and physical existence. John 10:10b
CONCLUSION: The life lived for self ends up empty! The life yielded to Christ as the great shepherd however leads to not just “abundant life” but “superabundant” life as the Greek word translated “abundant”. It is in the superlative form. The thief takes; the shepherd gives! The quality of life is very distinct! Following Christ leads to abundant life. How full is yours?