TOPIC: WALKING WITH GOD (PART 4)
TEXT: JOHN 10:9-10; ROMANS 15:8-13
FOCUS: LIVING THE ABUNDANT LIFE IN YOUR WALK WITH GOD (B)
INTRODUCTION: God’s desire for His people is to live abundant life in all ramifications. Unfortunately, our world is full of unhappy and dissatisfied people. For this reason, people everywhere are looking for answers to the emptiness they feel inside. And it has been proven that the solution is neither in pleasure, power and prestige; finance, fame and fantasies nor in men, money and morals; wisdom, wealth, and women but in the God kind of life that Jesus Christ gives- The abundant Life.
A. SOME SALIENT TRUTHS ABOUT ABUNDANT LIFE
1. The Promise Of The Abundant Life: John 10:10; Rom. 15:8-13
2. The Picture of the Abundant Life: Luke 5:11; Gal. 5:22-23
3. The Purpose Of The Abundant Life: Zechariah 1:17; Gen. 12:2; Psalm
4. The Author Of The Abundant Life: John 10:10; John 7:38; John 5:26
5. The Attributes Of The Abundant Life: Gal. 5:22
6. The Appropriation Of The Abundant Life: John 15:1-4; 1 John 5:9-10
CONCLUSION: The life lived for self ends up empty! The life yielded to Christ as the great shepherd however leads to not just “abundant life” but “superabundant” life as the Greek word translated “abundant”. It is in the superlative form. The thief takes; the shepherd gives! The quality of life is very distinct! Following Christ leads to abundant life. How full is yours?