Topic: UTILIZING DIVINE OPPORTUNITIES
Text: Luke 18:35-43 & 19:1-10
Introduction – Opportunities comes our ways from time to time and many people could not even recognize them. Opportunity to be saved, get delivered, hear a sound and undiluted word of God, to be blessed, to meet with divine helpers and to fulfil God’s purpose for our lives – John 8:32; 1 Corinthians 6:2.
Luke 18:35-43 & 19:1-10 account;
Jesus was entering and passing through Jericho with several opportunities for the multitude but it was only blind Bartmaeus and Zachaeus that ultimately recognized and utilized the opportunities.
In every service, there must be several opportunities.
Two Real Life Situation:
– Blind Bartimaeus – poor – Zachaeus though short – rich
TWO MAJOR OBSTACLES THAT STOPS PEOPLE FROM UTILIZING DIVINE OPPORTUNITIES. 1. People – many of us are being shielded from divine opportunities by people. – Some people will not be saved because of what people will say.
Some people are not going to heaven because of people.
2. An Individual – you can place a limitation on yourself as an individual. – Zachaeus limitation was his stature but he refused to allow this limitation to be a barrier. – Blind Bartmaeus never allowed his low esteem to rob him of divine opportunity. What are those limitations obstructing me?
HOW DO I OVERCOME OBSTACLES?
– Be resolute never to allow the next opportunity to pass you by – Luke 18:39.
– Run before and climb above the crowd – Luke 19:4.
– Receive divine instructions and obey without questioning – Luke 18:40-41; Luke 19:6.
– Make restitution where necessary – Luke 19:8
Three Major Opportunities exist in this service.
– Opportunity to be saved by Jesus. – Opportunity to be blessed. – Opportunity to be a blessing – using our talents and resources for the service of God – Hebrews 3:7-8; John 10:14-16.