TEXT: GEN 17: 1 – 7
We serve a promise keeping God. When man makes promises its either they are fulfilled or we are left disappointed. Gen 12:2-3; Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
God made wonderful promises to Abraham and because he obeyed it came to fulfillment in his life. God still makes promises to mankind. Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
The Following Are Some Of The Promises Of God.
1. THE PROMISE OF PROSPERITY. Deu 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
How To Activate This Promise.
Psa 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
Psa 34:21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. Psa 34:22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. THE PROMISE OF DIVINE HEALTH – Jer 30:17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
How To Activate This Promise.
-Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
3. THE PROMISE OF FRUITFULNESS – Exo 23:25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. Exo 23:26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil. Micha (daughter of King Saul) remained barren because of pride.
4. THE PROMISE OF LONG LIFE – Exo 23:26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
1Ki 3:14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
1Pe 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
5. THE PROMISE OF PEACE – Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
6. THE PROMISE OF DELIVERANCE AND PROTECTION. Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. THE PROMISE OF THE COMFORTER. Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
8. THE PROMISE OF HELP IN OVERCOMING TEMPTATION. 1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
9. THE PROMISE TO END SUFFERING AND PAIN. Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
10. THE PROMISE OF THE SECOND COMING AND RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Joh 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Conclusion: Brethren, We need to remain under the directives and instructions of God to be able to walk, claim or activate the promises. Let us examine ourselves, are we ready for the ultimate promise i.e. the second coming of our Lord? The lord will enable us to walk in activation of all His promises into fulfilment.