TEXT: REVELATION 3:6; 1 SAMUEL 3:1-10
The expectation of God towards every believer is to grow and mature. No earthly father or mother is happy when their child is growing in age but not growing mentally. However, the most important need of any child of God is the ability to hear from God. When you begin to hear from God, progress begins in your life. It is a great period in your life the day you learn to hear God’s voice clearly, plainly and on daily basis.
- THINGS TO NOTE:
- Communication with God satisfies the deepest longing of the human heart and God’s heart.
- We are created to fellowship and talk to our Creator. You need to be able to hear your Lord, your God clearly.
- Hearing God’s voice does not come automatically. Adamic nature is born deaf to the voice of God.
- Every believer needs to grow and develop to the level of hearing God’s voice.
- As a matter of truth, the key to all God’s blessing is hearing and obeying His voice. Deut. 28:1-2
2. HOW DOES GOD COMMUNICATE?
God communicates with us and reveals Himself to us:
- THROUGH REVELATION – Revelation is an uncovering, unveiling of information (Psalm 19:1; Isa. 40:26; Jere. 33:3; Rom. 1:19-20).
- THROUGH INSPIRATION –That is when the Holy Spirit act on man to make known God’s revelation (Job. 32:8)
- THROUGH ILLUMINATION – This is a ministry of the Holy Spirit which enables us who are right with God to understand revelations as it pertains to our lives and others. Acts 10:9-19
- THROUGH AUDIBLE VOICE – As in the case of Moses, Elijah and others
3. HOW DO WE KNOW THE VOICE OF GOD?
To know the voice of God, we must;
- Commit our lives completely to the Lord.
- Learn to test our impression.
- Be honest with yourself and have faith.
- Let God have access to every area of your life.
- Pray to God to open our faculties (minds or spirits) to receive His messages.