TEXT: REVELATION 3:6; 1 SAMUEL 3:1-10
The expectation of God towards every believer is to grow and mature. No earthly father or mother is happy when their child is growing in age but not growing mentally. However, the most important need of any child of God is the ability to hear from God. When you begin to hear from God, progress begins in your life. It is a great period in your life the day you learn to hear God’s voice clearly, plainly and on daily basis.
- THINGS TO NOTE:
- Communication with God satisfies the deepest longing of the human heart and God’s heart.
- We are created to fellowship and talk to our Creator. You need to be able to hear your Lord, your God clearly.
- Hearing God’s voice does not come automatically. Adamic nature is born deaf to the voice of God.
- Every believer needs to grow and develop to the level of hearing God’s voice.
- As a matter of truth, the key to all God’s blessing is hearing and obeying His voice. Deut. 28:1-2
2. VEHICLES OF DIVINE COMMUNICATION
- Face to face in a two-way communication Gen 3:9-10, Exo. 33:11
- By a Voice Exo. 3:4-14
- By Dreams. Gen. 31:24; Matt. 1:20
- By Open visions during the day. Acts 12:7-11
- By Close vision Acts 16:9; Acts 18:9
- By Trance Acts 10:9-16
- By Angels. Gen. 16:7 (Angel visited Hagar); Gen. 19 (Angels visited Lot); Luke 1:11-20; Luke 1:26 -38
- By Writings. For examples; Commandment on Stone Tablets, Sentences written on the wall. Exo. 20; Exo.24:12; Dan. 5:5
- By Miracles – Exo.14:21; 7:7-11; 2 Kings 5 (Naaman the Leprous Soldier)
- Through the Written Word of God (The Gospel) John 1:1