Topic: POSSIBILITIES OF THANKSGIVING
Text: DANIEL 4:34-37
Introduction: Thanksgiving is an indispensable duty of every true child of God -1 Thes.5:17. It is difficult to make any meaningful progress in God’s kingdom without it – Phil.4:6
Dan.4:34-37 account – An examination of King Nebuchadnezzar’s experience shows how thanksgiving can possibly affect every facet of life.
BENEFITS OF THANKSGIVING
As the king thanked & worshipped the God of heaven, his reasoning ability was restored.
1. Thanksgiving can positively affect your mental faculty and improve your reasoning. v34
2. Thanksgiving can affect the glory of a man/woman. The lost glory of the king returned with thanksgiving .v36
3. It can attract honor & brightness to you. It can also cause those designed to favor you to suddenly remember you for favor.
– The king was forgotten for 7years, but while thanking God as a strange beast, his lords suddenly remembered him. v36
4. Thanksgiving facilitated the kings’ establishment & excellent majesty was added to him.
– If you can thank God sufficiently enough, He will restore you to your lost position and add something greater.
5. It can make you complete. Luke 17:11-19. Ps.100:4 says, it is a door that ushers you into God’s presence.