TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT (PART 7)
TEXT: ACTS 2:1-13
FOCUS: THE PURPOSE OF TONGUES (Part B)
Introduction: God is a God of purpose. When He decided to release the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost upon the early church, it was for a reason. It is said that when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. Our focus tonight shall be the continuation of purpose of tongues and its impacts in a believer’s life. May the Holy Spirit help us to take our place in this end time, in Jesus’ Name.
Purpose of Tongues
1. The Command Of Audience: The people in Jerusalem didn’t mind the disciples after the accession of Christ. Becoming a follower of someone who was killed by the government made the disciples to lack relevance and audience. (Acts 2:6; Acts 13:44)
– Every believer exercising himself in speaking in tongues is an audience commander.
2. The Explosion of Praise: When the real and authentic Holy Spirit fills your life, you are permanently addicted to praise and worship (Acts 2:11; Ephe. 5:18-20)
– The Holy Spirit is a fountain of worship and new songs
– Every time the Spirit moves, songs flow, deliverance flows, healing flows and power flows.
3. The Impartation of Enthusiasm and Excitement: The in-filling of the Holy Ghost baptizes a person with enthusiasm, excitement and momentum. (1 Cor.14:4; Acts 2:25-26; Neh.8:10)
– You need to know that the devil is on rampage to steal people’s joy. John 10:10
– If you can’t be depressed, you can’t be oppressed. Depression is a mother of oppression.
– Holy Spirit makes a man a ‘wild optimist’ and enthusiastically positivistic.
– It takes the power of the Holy Spirit to survive the satanic holocaust coming upon the world in this endtime.
– Holy Spirit is a Spiritual battery charger 1 Cor. 14:4 (Greek Word – Oikodomeo)