The subject of faith is universal, it carries the same grace and value all over the world. It is very important to know that no one has capacity to grow great in the Kingdom of God without faith in God. There have been a lot of conflicts between faith and sense in this dispensation because may people refused to believe in God and their lives are live on chances or luck or lottery. It is profitable to have faith in God.
A. WHAT IS FAITH?
1. Faith is the practical expression of confidence in God and His word. That is, taking the word of God ‘raw’ without any iota of doubt or unbelief. Gen. 12:1,4; John 2:5,7
(Gen 12:1) Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: (Gen 12:4) So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
(Joh 2:5) His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do
it. (Joh 2:7) Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
2. Faith is an act motivated by the word. That is, faith without action is a fake. Rom. 10:17; Jam. 2:17. – Faith is a reflective act i.e. you can’t operate it without it being known.
(Rom 10:17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(Jas 2:17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
3. Faith can also be seen as a living force, drawn from the living word, for a living proof. John 2:1-11. That is, there is no evidence of faith without an act of faith. – Action is the authentic evidence of faith.
4. Faith can be said to be an act of dethroning sense and enthroning faith in God. When you based your life on occurrence out of sense, you will end up a victim of stress. Hab. 2:4; Heb. 10:38. (Hab 2:4) Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
(Heb 10:38) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
5. Faith is the SUBSTANCE (complete trust, assurance or confidence) of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE (Proofs) of things not seen. Heb. 11:1.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
– Unless our faith is based upon sound evidence from God’s word, we do not have the right kind of faith.
– Faith is not grounded in subjective feelings. God provides the objective, rational evidence for belief; man provides the belief based on that evidence.
(Joh 20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
– The substance of faith is confidence while the evidence is the proofs or revelation based on that faith. Matt. 16:13-19
– If you can’t see the invisible, you can’t do the impossible.
– Whatever that cannot be impossible for your faith, cannot be impossible for your life to experience.
B. SOME SALIENT TRUTHS ABOUT FAITH
1. Your faith has capacity to do the impossible, if only you can deploy it to work. Luke 1:37; Mark 11:24. That is, when your faith says yes, God cannot say no.
(Luk 1:37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.
(Mar 11:24) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
2. Your Faith is the foundation of your Christian character and experience. 2 Pet. 1:4-8; Luke 22:32
– When faith is broken down, the foundation of that spiritual life gives way and the entire spiritual structure falls down flat.
(Luk 22:32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
3. Your faith makes you a powerful person. Nothing is impossible for a man of
faith because a man of faith is a man of power.
(Mat 28:18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
4. Your faith has a magnetic force, that when God sees it, He draws you near or He draws near to you. (Mar 2:5) When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
5. Your faith cover all your needs (physical, spiritual, financial, emotional, health-wise and what have you), if you can deploy it. If your faith can purchase (without money), God is generous to deliver without delay.
Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
6. Faith often called for patience. If you are not patient, you don’t have faith because there is always a waiting period in the school of faith.
(Rom 4:20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
(Heb 6:15) And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
7. Faith that is violent produces violent results (Proofs). That is, violent faith produces possibilities with God.
(Mar 11:23) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Conclusion: Brethren, you need to step up in your faith in God. There is nothing God cannot do for you if you can have faith in Him. Mark 11:22 “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God”