TOPIC: THE POWER OF FAITH (PART 4)
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6, 39-40; REV. 5:11-12
FOCUS: PROFITS/REWARDS OF FAITH
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
Introduction: True faith in God has capacity to deliver whatever that is available to all believers according to the will and provision of God. There is nothing too big for true faith in God to deliver at any given time. The Bible says that “Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness” Rom.4:3. It is worthy of note that whenever we put our faith to work, we invest it and it is bound to yield profits (testimonies, answers and fulfilment of desires) back to us. Faith without work is dead. Jams. 2:26.
So, faith has profits when it is invested “…obtained…” Heb.11:2.
The Profits/Rewards of Faith: (Rev. 5:12)
1. By faith, we obtained SALVATION in Jesus Christ. John 3:16; Acts 10:43
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
2. By faith, we obtained POWER through Christ. Acts 1:8; Luke 10:19
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
3. By faith, we obtained RICHES through Christ. 2 Cor. 8:9; Deut. 8:18; Prov. 10:22
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
4. By faith, we obtained WISDOM through Christ. Jam. 1:5-6; 1 Cor :24,30
Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
5. By faith, we obtained STRENGTH through Christ. Phil. 4:13; 2 Cor. 12:9; Heb.11:11
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
6. By faith, we obtained HONOUR through Christ. 1 Chro. 29:12; Isa.43:4
Isa 43:4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
– The honour that was lost in the Garden of Eden, Jesus came to restore unto us.
– Every believer is an ordained honourable by God.
7. By faith, we obtained GLORY through Christ. Rom. 8:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; John 17:22.
– Every believer is a predestined glory carrier.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
8. By faith, we obtained BLESSING through Christ. Gal. 3:14; Eph. 1:3
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed uswith all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
– Nothing makes a believer’s life beautiful like the blessing of God.
– The blessing of God is all encompassing in nature. It includes your health, wealth (business, career, family, relationship, aspirations and so on), spirit and soul. 3 John 1:2
Conclusion: It will interest you if I close by saying, Satan has no respect for facial expression but he has respect for faith demonstration. Jesus Christ prayed for Peter that his faith will not fail because He understood that when faith fails, everything has failed. Your faith will not fail, in Jesus’ Name.
– O Lord, increase my faith and help me to make profit with my faith, in Jesus’ Name.
– O Lord, guide my steps through this week, let me not walk into evil, in Jesus’ Name
– O Lord, arise this week and prosper me in all my ways, in Jesus’ Name.
– O Lord, let your church (RCCG PPA) experience uncommon favour this season, in Jesus’ Name.