TEXT: LUKE 16:1-3; 1 COR. 4:2
Introduction: It is written in the Scriptures that “Whatever a man sows, that’s what he will reap” Gal. 6:7. The law of Kamma is still a valid law up till now, it is one of the most powerful principles or laws on earth. However, any unfaithful servant or steward will not go unpunished in the Kingdom of God. So, it is very important and a requirement that a man is found faithful whether in things of God or at any place of commitment. Prov. 20:6-7. “Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find? Pro 20:7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him”
A. AGONY OR PAINS OF THE UNFAITHFUL PEOPLE OR STEWARDS.
1. God doesn’t rely on unfaithful people because they are not reliable in the task committed to their care.
2. God will never commit something worthwhile to the unfaithful stewards. No possession of a meaningful substance or tangible future.
3. God will always bring unfaithful people into account and judgement. For Example, Judas Iscariots, king Saul etc
4. God will never commit His presence unto the unfaithful because they will not have honour or have value for it. Ps 101:6 “Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.”
5. God will always end up becoming an enemy to the unfaithful and they suffer divine rejection. 1 Sam.15:10,11,23
1Sam 15:10 Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,
1Sam 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is
turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments.
And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
1Sam 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as
iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he
hath also rejected thee from being king.
6. God will not allow the unfaithful to go very far in life and destiny. They don’t fulfil their days on earth.
7. God will cause the unfaithful to have a very tragic end; that is, the end of the unfaithful is not always pleasant.
B. LESSONS OR WISDOM NUGGETS
A. Never commit yourself or your destiny into the hands of unfaithful person
B. Never trust unfaithful person with a sensitive task
C. Never rely on any unfaithful person because he will betray you. Luke 16:2-5
Luke 16:2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. Luke 16:3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. Luke 16:4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. Luke 16:5 So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
D. Never go into any serious or sensitive relationship with an unfaithful partner, he will not honour the vow even being a business partner.
E. Never commit your secrets into the hands of the unfaithful person, he will use it against you later. For example, stealing of vision or ideas.
F. Never expect much from an unfaithful person because he will give you disloyalty.
H. Never be presumed to be an unfaithful person in your workplace, family, Church even in the community you belong.
Conclusion: Brethren, there is no limit to what God can do in our lives if we imbibe faithfulness in all that we do. Also, there is no glorious future for unfaithful people or stewards, they end up with a tragic or terrible destiny. Determine to be faithful in all things you do. Luke 16:11. “ If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?