TOPIC: THE POWER OF GOD’S BLESSING (PART 1)
TEXT: GEN. 1:28; PSALM 67:1-7
FOCUS: THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THANKSGIVING OR PRAISES AND GOD’S BLESSINGS
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Psa 67:1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. Psa 67:2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. Psa 67:3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Psa 67:4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah. Psa 67:5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Psa 67:6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. Psa 67:7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
Introduction: The original plan of Divinity for humanity is to enjoy the blessing of God. God built the whole world and handed the control of everything to humanity. God did create us to come and live a life of struggling or poverty but a life of blessedness and prosperity. That is why He has pleasure in the prosperity of His people. (Psa. 35:27; Psa. 37:25)
Note: The first time God spoke with Adam after creating him was to pronounce blessing upon him and his generation yet unborn. Gen. 1:28
Read: Psa 35:27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
SOME SALIENT TRUTHS ABOUT CONNECTION OF PRAISES AND GOD’S BLESSINGS
1. Praises to God provokes God’s judgement upon the wicked Psa. 67:4b
2. Praises to God establish the Kingdom of God’s policies upon the earth and to prevail. (Psa. 67:4b; Matt. 6:10-11)
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
3. Praises to God enhance the earth to be fruitful and produce bountiful harvest for
mankind. Psa. 67:6a
4. Praises to God confer and release God’s ‘fearful’ blessings and prosperity upon the
people. Psa. 67:6-7.
5. Because God blesses you daily, be determined to bless (Praise) Him daily. (Psa.34:1; Psa.145:1-2)
Psa 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psa 145:1 David’s Psalm of praise. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Psa 145:2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
6. When you stop praising God, His blessings also stop! (Num. 14:26-29)
Num 14:26 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
Num 14:27 How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me. Num 14:28 Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you: Num 14:29 Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
7. You need to know that nothing decreases in the hands of thanksgiving and anything you praise God for naturally multiplies. (John 6:11)
Joh 6:11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
8. We don’t bless or praise God for only daily physical blessing, but also for eternal spiritual blessings. (Psa. 103:1-5)
Psa 103:1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psa 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Psa 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
9. You need to know that thanksgiving and praises to God cause men and women to flourish with God’s blessings. Psa. 92:1,12-14
Psa 92:1 A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
Psa 92:12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Psa 92:13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish inthe courts of our God. Psa 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
10. God deserves appreciation for every of His blessing in our lives in order to provoke Him to release more.
Conclusion: You can’t be full of God’s blessing until you thankful or praiseful. When things are working, give thanks, and when they appear not to be working give thanks, for that is the only way they will start to work. Hallelujah!
– Father, thank you for all your blessings in my life and family.
– Dear Lord, let your blessing multiply in my life this month, in Jesus’ Name.
– Dear Lord, make me a candidate of uncommon blessing from you this month, in Jesus’ Name.
– O Lord, make me increase in your blessing and make a blessing for someone this month, in Jesus’ Name.